The Sanctuary NYC mission is to provide a 'retreat for the soul', a respite from the usual non-spiritual accommodations available to travelers who journey to New York. As Sanctuary NYC is part of St. Christophers Interfaith Community/Dharma in Action, we live by the credo that taking care of guests is our intrinsic dharmic (religious) duty, as St. Christopher was the patron saint of travelers.
• We welcome you to the serene spiritual atmosphere Sanctuary provides, as well as varied programs on bhakti (yoga of devotion) which we offer as part of our membership program. These include sacred meditation in the yoga studio/temple room, workshops on Vinyasa infused bhakti yoga, kirtan (devotional chant/prayer), history and philosophy of yoga, Ayurveda (science of life and healing), as well as varied workshops/events on related subject matters (nurturing body, mind & soul).
• Each room is equipped with a mini library of books on the science of the soul as delineated in the ancient classic Bhagavad Gita, the text that inspired Gandhi, Emerson, Thoreau and Einstein who wrote; "I bathe my intellect daily in the cosmological wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita." Weekly classes are included in the Sanctuary membership program @ our affiliate The Bhakti Center.
• During their stay, our guests volunteer in the Sanctuary NYC sponsored Food For Life program to feed the homeless in nearby Tompkins Square Park. Please see the glowing reviews on our Media Page from 'Our Town Downtown" magazine about this heart warming, rewarding experience.
• We are also recognized internationally as the place to stay to have a transformative spiritual experience of The Big Apple. See Media Page for "Spiritual Manhattan - The Other Side of the City That Never Sleeps" from Diva Magazine UK.
• Our trial membership program is included in your initial stay, along with a complimentary breakfast of sanctified food or 'prasadam' (healthy vegetarian fare offered with love & devotion to God). Taste & feel the difference in your life! We welcome you to experience a 'retreat for the soul.'